Thursday, December 20, 2007

Shrouded in Fog

We were told that at 7 am today we would be approaching the Antarctic Peninsula. Up to now we have been crusing through the Shetland Islands. I set my alarm for 6 am to get ready. I quickly went to one of the levels so I could go outside but all I could see is fog. The air is fresh and not too cold...considering. There is light spray over the bow.

Some annoucement was just made but did not hear it so I will check it out now. On board there are exceptional educational presentations, each specializing on some aspect of Antarctica. Some of the topics have been: Shackleton's expeditions, penquins, glaciers, climate change, seals. Today there will be a special presentation about artists and Antarctica. These programs are broadcast live to the cabin or taped for later viewing.

Another announcement. Will go to hear it. More later.

No comments: